Monday, December 17, 2012

Turkeys

Yesterday my husband and I were out Christmas shopping. Since we were close to the previous company plant we stopped by to make sure everything was alright with the building. His company outgrew the building and moved to a larger place right before he started running the company. The company still owns the building so we check on it every so often.

Yesterday when we drove into the parking lot there were about ten turkeys feeding on the lawn. Most took off to the nearby railroad tracks but two of them came right up to my car and acted defensively. They made all kinds of ugly noises at us and tried to chase my car. They are such goofy things. Just because thanksgiving has passed doesn't mean they are safe. I could have easy reached out my window and grabbed one by the neck and had it in the oven by dinner. They're just lucky I'm too lazy to catch my own dinner.


No comments:

Post a Comment