Monday, December 31, 2012

Latest project

I spent three days poring through the baby patterns on Ravelry looking for a new project to spark my interest. I was originally thinking of making a hat but instead came across a cute little crocheted dress. http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/summer-blues-baby-dress The pattern says that it costs money but if you click on the link and sign up for their email you can download a free ebook that contains the pattern.

I like the look of the dress, it's simple with only a tiny bit of lace on it. Dresses with a lot of lace are a pain in the butt for most babies because they tend to get their tiny fingers caught in the yarn. Or get caught on mamas buttons. I also liked the colors of the dress because I'm not a pink fan. Neither is my daughter.

I stopped at three yarn stores today to see if I could find a #2 sport weight cotton yarn like the pattern. Two stores were closed and the third one had limited choices. I ended up with a #3 purple and white acrylic yarn. (Sensations Cuddle from JoAnns). I was hoping for a much more modern and darker color, but baby purple it is. Sigh.

As you can see I only have half of a yoke done. I'm not sure why the pattern has a front and a back yoke that are the same, and you sew them together. It seems to me it would be better made if the yoke was one piece. Oh well, I'm following directions.

I'll update with another picture when I get more done.

Happy new year everyone!

1 comment:

  1. I have been looking for new and interesting crochet patterns too...Im tired of making blankets.lol I have made several cute mowhawk hats that have gone over well....and yeah, Im not a pink fan either. LOL

    ReplyDelete