Monday, January 21, 2013

Domesticated

This week is starting off a lot more productive than last week when it comes to finishing projects. So far today I finished three scarves. One is in the previous post and the other two are in this post. The black and white one is just scrap yarn that I made for myself. The black and silver one is for Michelle, my childhood friend. It's made with Starbella Flash yarn, Starry.

I like the silver thread running through The Starbella yarn. As I was making it I couldn't help but think how cute that yarn would look as a skirt on Evy. Only not quite that ruffled. I have some yarn left over that I might play with another day. Too many projects to finish before I start something else.

In between the projects I finished today I also made chicken chili, banana bread, and a loaf of white bread. (Im not eating the breads) This cold weather has turned me even more domestic than usual. Tomorrow it's supposed to be even colder so I'll probably be doing more of the same.

Stay warm everyone.


2 comments:

  1. Both scarves are gorgeous! Did you use a pattern for either of them? I too get more domesticated when the weather turns cold...its my body and mind going into hybernation mode hubby says. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I didn't use a pattern for either. The black and white one is done with size 17 needles (US) and is K1, P1. The ruffled scarf is knit in every row with size 13 (US) needles so the slippery yarn would stay on.

    ReplyDelete