Monday, January 7, 2013

An observation

For years now I've been looking, I mean really looking, at people's features. Most notably, the eyes. Normally you notice the beauty in people's eyes, or the sadness. Of course I see those things, but I also see how very uneven people's eyes are. My own eyes are of a different height from each other. If you're not overy observe you'd probably never notice. But I notice. I also notice every single person on tv who has uneven eyes, especially a local news person. Her eyes are so uneven that she looks like one of Picasso's paintings. That led me to think about Picasso himself. His paintings are famous for uneven features. Back in my high school days I remember my art teacher joking that he was probably high when he painted the uneven features. Looking back at the art teacher, whom I never respected because I thought she was an idiot, I know know she truly is an idiot. Picasso was really just painting an exaggeration of what he saw on people's faces, uneven features.

Next time you turn on the news or watch a reality show look carefully at the alignment of the eyes. They truly are fascinating.

No comments:

Post a Comment