Friday, January 11, 2013

Celebration Cupcakes



Carley's boyfriend, John graduated from high school today.  He should have graduated last spring but he missed a lot of days in his high school career due to Crohn's disease.  Better late than never. His family is taking everyone in their family, including Carley, out to dinner tonight to celebrate.  Carley decided the celebration was worthy of cupcakes.

Carley is not a natural in the kitchen.  She's impatient and usually burns things.  She also doesn't follow recipes very well.  For that matter, she doesn't listen to me very well either.  As a result she has never baked anything without burning it or having it turn into a total flop.  Even stuff as easy as cupcakes.

John's school colors are green and white so she wanted to make ombre cupcakes.  Where'd she get the idea?  My mom.  One time a couple of years ago my mom made her grand-girls rainbow colored cupcakes and she just thought that was the coolest thing ever.  Never mind my mom is one of the worlds best desert makers of all time (besides my daughter Casey), she decided she could do this.  I cringed knowing her baking capabilities.

I made her follow the recipe to the letter.  She did good.  Next she mixed up the batter with food coloring.  Surprisingly she did fine other than she ended up coloring her hands green in the process.  Baking was a little tricky because she forgot to set the timer.  See why she burns things?  A few of the cupcakes were a tad overdone but would pass.  As you can see she did okay with the decorating.



Each cupcake has a letter, plus two spacers... Congrats John 2013.  She didn't have enough cupcakes to make the word Congratulations.


5 comments:

  1. Hi! I dont know who is on here. Idont know how to follow someone, cus Em set my account up for me and added herself and Carol. LOL. I dont like the fact that we have to prove we are not robots when we comment on friends posts. If you tell me how to follow you, I will add myself to your page. and yay for Carley! but she does have to learn to follow direction on that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dee you already figured it out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bummer, I can't see the photos! Stupid ipad!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's weird, I use an iPad too and I can see everything.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cannot see the last photo...:( But,im glad they turned out for her. :)

    ReplyDelete