Sunday, November 11, 2012

Weekend projects

Another infinity scarf is on the needles.  This one is for my oldest daughter.  I don't think the pattern did this yarn justice.  The pattern kind of washes out the individual colors and made them look like one giant blue color.  The yarn I used is Red Heart Boutique Unforgettable, dragonfly.



Yesterday My husband and I picked up supplies for his company, as we usually do on the weekends. Normally we just put them in the office and leave, but Steve knew I wanted to see a particular machine run so he took me into the back to have a look at it.  The machine isn't quite ready to run but boy oh boy is it large!  I don't think this photo does it justice because most of the lights were off, but its somewhere around 400-450 feet long.  A football field is 500 feet long.  I'm looking forward to seeing it run soon.



Today we had record high temps (70) so Steve was outside hanging Christmas lights.  The weatherman said we may get snow tomorrow.  Boooooooo!  I hate snow.


3 comments:

  1. I am a knitter also. What stitch or pattern is your scarf? I love blues. Are you on Ravelry? It is a worldwide site. I am there and have put up some of my more recent pieces. http://www.ravelry.com/projects/daisybbx
    Now what is that machine for? It is huge. Good for you to get your lights up in warm weather. I think it is going to be real nice this weekend as well so you can finish up. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. The stitch pattern is just seed stitch. The pattern came from here http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=412408.0

    ReplyDelete
  3. I an on Ravelry but only to store patterns I like, not to post or put up pics.

    The machine extrudes some sort of hose for farming.

    ReplyDelete