Friday, November 9, 2012

Striped cowl


This cowl was supposed to be mine.  I put it on and realized that just because I like the colors, doesn't mean they look good on me.  So the cowl went on my daughters neck instead. 

This cowl was extremely easy to make, even if you're a beginner knitter.  The whole thing is done in seed stitch (knit 1 purl 1).  The photo doesn't really show it's length but it actually goes down to about the belly button area, and it doubles around the neck for extra warmth.  The yarn I used is Bernat Mosaic, in Ambrosia.  The whole project only took one skein.  Here's the pattern in case you'd like to make one for yourself.

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=412408.0&utm_medium=Email&utm_source=ExactTarget&utm_campaign=#

I liked the pattern so well that I have another one started, and another one waiting to get on the needles for a Christmas gift.



.  

1 comment:

  1. I will check out your knitting sites. I go to a knitting shop and we sit around knitting, chatting and comparing each others projects. There are such beautiful yarns these days it is tempting but the prices are really high for some of the silks but they are gorgeous and soft.

    ReplyDelete