Thursday, November 15, 2012

Deer season

You know you live in a small rural area when half the population doesn't work on November 15th, but instead goes hunting.  Knowing that I fully expect to see the occasional dead deer on someone's Facebook status because some people just can't help themselves with showing off their bloodly handy work. When I see the photos I quickly scan down the page avoiding the photo.  I do not enjoy seeing a dead bloody animal.  However today I logged onto Facebook and discovered that the town where my mom lives has a wooden deer pole built in the middle of town with a bunch of dead bloody deer hanging from it.  Of course there were LOTS of pictures of the animals hanging there, both up close and further away so you could admire the kill.  ARE YOU FRICKEN KIDDING ME?  Thats disgusting!  The dead deer hanging there are no different than the dead animals that get killed by cars and left on the side of the road.

If you're going to kill something, process it and please, please, only share the photos with people who will appreciate your bloody handiwork.

3 comments:

  1. I went to blogger first http://shirazb.blogspot.ca/
    but found it very difficult so have not continued. Then I went to blogster and it is much easier http://www.blogster.com/shirazbfs
    But now Lucky Bean is opening a much better, easier site and looks like we will end up there. I really want to keep connected. Will roam around your page here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://muzenews.ning.com
    That is the new site.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I looked at the last site you posted and didn't like the way it was run. As a visitor I wasn't able to read posts, although I was able to se all the members on the site.

    ReplyDelete