Monday, November 19, 2012

Do you coupon?

I used to be really good at couponing when I had a teenage boy in the house.  I had to because not only would he clean the cupboards out, but he'd bring his friends home every day to help him.  After he left for the military the grocery bill went wayyyyyy down.  To the point where it didn't matter a whole lot if I used them anymore because it suddenly felt like we were rich once he was out of the house.

Another reason why I didn't coupon much was because we lived in an area where the stores doubled to .99 cents.  Try and find a .99 cent coupon, I dare ya!  Almost all the coupons in our paper were .50 cents or less on a multiple item purchase for one coupon.  Talk about discouraging, the coupons were no longer worth clipping.

Now I have a Kroger in one of the bigger cities near us and they double dollar coupons.  Game on!  My youngest daughter and I shop together to help knock down the time spent in the store.  We have a game; we take fistfuls of coupons to the store and if we find an item .50 cents or less after the coupon, we buy it.  The pantry is starting to look pretty good and I've been sharing the extras with others as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment