Wednesday, March 27, 2013

New Craft

Once a week I volunteer at a local non-profit community place that re-sells goods and handmade craft items. I've really been enjoying myself. Up until today I've mostly hand tied quilts and priced items for sale. Today Dorothy, the crafting director, decided it was time for me to learn how to weave rugs that are sold down stairs. The monsterous looms are intimidating and I'm not so sure I'm ever going to master the craft, but I'm trying. The photo below is the rug that I'm making. What you see took me about two hours to weave. I don't know if I'm just super slow or if that's really how long it takes to make rugs. Dorothy chose the colors this time but she said after this one is done I can chose what colors and fabric I want to use. I have a wall of colors about twelve feet wide by twenty feet high filled with bins of fabric. I don't have a clue what I'm going to pick. I might just choose colors that fit my house and then just buy the rugs myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment