Friday, October 26, 2012

Scrap afghan



This is what I've been working on this week.  My stash of yarn is bulging at the seams thanks to a really good estate sale that my mother and daughter went to this past summer.  In that stash of yarn, plus yarn I already had, was a whole lot of blue yarn or colors that would sort of match blue.  This is what I came up with so far.  I was thinking I'd connect them as I went along but I didn't like the way the connections looked so I decided to just make long strips and sew them when I was done.  The finished blanket will be about twin size when I've finished the strips.  I'm still trying to decide how I want to sew the strips together.  I don't want them whip stitched together so it'll probably be crocheted.  That will mean having to crochet on top of each color in the strip so the blanket looks balanced.  I'm not sure if I'm going to connect all the pieces with another blue color or a black to give it a stained glass effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment