Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Waiting on a new toy

A long time ago I got rid of my sewing machine because it was more expensive to fix than it was to buy a new one. Problem was, I didn't buy a new one, I just went without. Being around people who quilt often I've been getting the itch to play with a sewing machine again. All the little money earning apps I have on my phone I have finally saved enough gift certificates to order this ((photo below):
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000F7DPEQ/ref=pe_309540_26725410_item

My first project is going to be with my daughter and were going to make a rag quilt for her bed. I figured it would be a good beginner project for the two of us considering neither of us are skilled with the sewing machine. She's never been taught to sew and I haven't done it in years. You can google "rag quilt" if you want to see what it is we will be making. When we get some fabric and the machine I'll post some pictures of our progress.


No comments:

Post a Comment